REPORTING AN IDAHO WORK INJURY
1. Report an accident or injury to your employer or supervisor as soon as possible.
2. Ask your employer to file a Notice of Injury be filed with the Idaho Industrial Commission. If your employer refuses to file a Notice of Injury, contact the Idaho Industrial Commission or an Idaho Workers’ Compensation attorney immediately to file a First Report of Injury or Illness.
3. If you need medical attention, see a doctor as soon as possible. Tell the doctor about your symptoms and how and when the the work injury occurred.
4. Follow your doctor’s orders. Be sure to abide by any work restrictions or orders that take you off of work.
5. Don’t sign anything without legal advice.
6. If your Idaho work comp claim is denied or if you are confused, see an attorney.